So the story is that earlier today, I was simply sitting in my room watching some Kyle Korver highlights and doing some worldbuilding for my fanfic series, when my mom of all people comes into my room, and decides to have an actual real conversation with me. I obviously wasn't in the mood, but she had a plate of my favorite Totino's® Pizza Rolls, so I figured I'd let this one slide. Little did I know, what was to unfold next couldn't be fixed with even an extra large bowl of pizza rolls.
Now what you might be expecting next is a regretful "I should have told you this sooner", with some uncomfortable, anxiety-filled seconds leading up to the classic, "you're adopted" line, but unfortunately for you, I already knew I was adopted and have since I was 7. Instead, she stayed within the same theme and decided now was the time to tell me my real parents' names, and to my horror, their ethnicities.
And I know what you're thinking. Next I'm going to desperately run to the bathroom in a teary-eyed panic to take a long, decisive look in the mirror and wonder why, after all this time, I never realized I was an entirely different color from the rest of my family. But once again, I'm the same color as them and it's not that predictable of a story because it's much less interesting than that.
It turns out I'm half German, thanks to my real dad
I realize what this means for me, and after several moments of stunned silence and disbelief, I decided I needed to do the right thing and let everyone know instead of trying to hide this terrible secret inside. If the mods see it fit, I would like this post to be my epilogue, a martyrdom not against r/AtlantaHawks or its fair and just rules, but against my own tainted blood and cursed lineage. He doesn't even know I exist, but may my father pay for ever bringing me into this world.
Goodbye.
Submitted January 11, 2017 at 07:21PM by Kreuzz