Monday, January 25, 2016

Iguodala On Popovich: "Always has some positive things to say and it weirds me out a little bit because I don't have a clue who this guy is... I think his players really like him though, which says a lot."

He's well respected and that shows what they look for in their players. They bring in the right type of guys who are coachable and who will buy in. And that's culture-building, which can be overlooked in some organizations. And I think he's done a really good job at building a certain type of culture and keeping it that way for a really long time, which is really tough in this day and age.

And it's tough to win keeping that in this day and age, and keeping a job. So it shows the type of guy he is, the type of character he has, and how his players feel about him.

When asked about Pop coaching the olympic team and possibly playing under him:

I don't know. He's always been nice to me. I don't know why. He's always nice to me when I walk past the bench. Always has some positive things to say and it weirds me out a little bit because I don't have a clue who this guy is ... I think his players really like him though, which says a lot.

He's been around for a while, he'll be around for a while. I don't know if I ever want to get into coaching. So I don't know if I'll ever pick his brain.

Source



Submitted January 25, 2016 at 04:57PM by swollencornholio

Related Posts

Iguodala On Popovich: "Always has some positive things to say and it weirds me out a little bit because I don't have a clue who this guy is... I think his players really like him though, which says a lot."
4/ 5
Oleh